web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, September 15, 2006

Knitting update

I just mailed my stuff to my swap partners. They went Priority Mail so they should be there sometime next week (early, I hope!). I'd post a picture of what I sent but that would ruin the surprise! I'll post pictures after my swapees recieve their gifts! :)

I also mailed off a snow globe to Phyllis G. for her daughter's birthday. If you are interested in helping her daughter (Thing One) add to her snow globe collection click here. I also (finally!!) mailed off the maned wolf painting for Tam. I'm sorry it took so long and I really hope it gets there in time! The painting is for a silent auction that Full Moon Farm is hosting. Full Moon Farm is the wolfdog sanctuary that Tam works at in N. Carolina.

I also recently joined another secret swap. What can I say? I'm addicted to them. It keeps me knitting because I'm always making something for someone. Anyways, this one is Secret Pal 9. There are a lot of participants and it should be lots of fun! It's a three month swap with a minimum of $60 total being spent on your swapee. (That's $60 total for the three months. That means you can spend $20 each month if you want!) If anyone is interested, go to the website and sign up. Sign ups are open until the end of Sept, with people being paired up by Oct 15.

All that was on top of volunteering at the clinic for 5 hours today. My usual shift is 4 hours but they were swamped and really needed me to stay and help for the extra hour. They ended up with more surgeries than expected. My understanding is several cats were dropped off for surgery that weren't actually scheduled to be there. It was hectic but fun. It's nice to be appreciated! :) Now if only they could get another autoclave machine. The one they have only holds 3 packs and it takes ~30 minutes to autoclave them. We only have 23 packs and usually have 40 surgeries a day. I make up the packs as soon as Dr Johnson is done using them. Unfortunately, the autoclave cannot keep up with me or Dr. Johnson. When I left, there were two packs that still needed to be washed and remade and probably 10-15 that still needed to be autoclaved.

By the end of the surgeries Dr Johnson had to use a pack that had just come out of the autoclave a few minutes before she needed it. It was a little toastly. Not dangerously so, just enough so that you knew it had been sterilized. So, if anyone has an autoclave machine just lying around gathering dust, please let me know! The clinic I volunteer at could really use it! (FYI - the clinic is a low cost spay/neuter clinic that does surgeries for rescues as well as local residents.) The website for the clinic is here.

That's it for now! I'm sure I'll have more to post later though! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

Thanks for mentioning Thing 1's snow globes! And thanks so much for sending one--I know she'll love it!

I signed up for SP9, too. Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up as each other's pal?

8:15 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Your welcome!

That would be sooo much fun if we ended up as each other's pals! Just think what we could do! :)

8:44 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Dog swap! ;-)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I LOVE my MDK swap! Thanks so much for sending it...you did a great job!

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I wanted to let you know I just received my box from you. Thank you!!! The colors in the towel are great. I will post pics tomorrow, if the sun comes out! ;)

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home