web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, September 01, 2006

Lawn Makeover

Beth happens to love gardening. She does Bonsai as a hobby. So, she's agreed to help me with prettying up my front and back yards (and getting rid of some of the grass!). We went out to a couple of nurseries yesterday and I came back with this:
















Three Hibiscus plants.



They are going to go either here (my living room windows):

















or here (my bedroom windows):
















The goal is twofold. One is to provide some shade for those two rooms. The other is to have a browse plant that the Boo can have. I will probably end up getting a few more but we thought three was a good start. This will give us an idea on how many we do need.

We also found a really nice Red Maple at the nursery. However, we decided to wait until October to buy one. Planting time for them is Novemeber. It should be cooler then and Beth and I won't mind being out in the backyard digging a Really Big Hole. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Beth sounds like a really useful friend!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home