web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yippee!! (Catch up)

I meant to post this last week but forgot...Sorry!

A friend of mine was just hired by the zoo!! She'll be working in the Reptile department here and I. Can't. Wait. :)

We've been friends for several years (met at another facility) and I'm pretty excited for us to be in the same city/area again!

Now, if only our other friend would move here we could wreak all sorts of havoc! :)

She'll be staying with me for a few days while she looks for a place to live. I suspect it'll be a little crowded (considering she has a couple of cats and some reptiles and I have all of my critters) but I think it'll be fun. And it won't be for long, I'm sure!

Speaking of my critters - the foster kitties are up at BARC now getting spayed and neutered! Again, Yippee!! They will go to the Adoption Center in Northwest Mall next week and, hopefully (fingers crossed, etc) they will find their new forever families. I love having them here. I just feel bad that they're stuck in my spare room (because of the dogs and a super possessive kitty (mostly the super possessive kitty). They deserve to have their own families and the full run of a house. :)

If anyone is interested in fostering dogs or cats from BARC - please contact me and I will put you in touch with the coordinator for Saving Animals. (Yes, you do need to be in the Houston area. However, if you are not but are still interested in fostering (or volunteering at the shelter or adopting a new friend), please contact your local shelter or rescue group and I'm sure they will put you to work!) Fostering is not hard and, despite what most people think, you don't want to keep them all. Trust me. I've fostered several and I've only kept one (Tori). You just keep in mind that they are FOSTERS and they will be adopted out to GOOD homes.

I also had my first volunteer day at the Animal Alliance of Galveston County Spay & Neuter Clinic in La Marque, Texas. This is a low cost spay and neuter clinic that is run by The Animal Alliance of Galveston and Saving Animals Across Borders. I got involved through Saving Animals. I spent most of the 4 hours making surgery packs and doing laundry. Two of the most important things that volunteers can do there! I was tired at the end but I had a lot of fun. Check out Saving Animals website for more info (the link is in my sidebar!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

Sure ... g'head. Make me feel envious AND guilty in one post!

8:33 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Okay! I will! :)

Just trying to raise awareness and all that! So, who wants to foster a homeless animal? Anyone?

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home