web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Will you take me home?

Yep...I'm fostering a mom and her kittens for BARC (Bureau of Animal Regulation and Care in Houston). I couldn't resist helping them (no, I'm not keeping them...Zoey would kill me). I received an email from Kathy, with Saving Animals Across Borders, with a plea for foster homes. Well, I didn't think I could handle a dog right now so I offered to foster a mom and litter. This helps in several ways. It helps the animals that are being fostered. They are now in a home, eating a good diet, not surrounded by lots of other animals or people who may or may not care about them, and not exposed to all the illnesses that appear in an overcrowded facility. It also helps other animals. By my fostering these cats, it frees up a cage in the shelter. This means that they now have a place to put an animal without euthanizing another one. BARC is trying to do the best they can - and Saving Animals is helping them. The kids do have a slight upper respiratory, which we're working on (it's basically a cold...just trying to keep/build up their immune system so that they can fight it off. They should be available for adoption in a few weeks. Pretty cute, huh?



If anyone's interested, drop me a line. The kittens are 2 boys (pictured above) and 1 girl (at the top and the bottom). Mom is about 1 year old and the kittens are 2-3 months. They're really enjoying the extra space they have now (they're in my spare bedroom). They've been running and jumping and dive bombing each other. Mom's a love. She just wants to hang out with you and be petted. The kittens are all friendly too. All four of them are going to make nice companions for some lucky families. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable, Susan. You are a good person to take them in. The mom is beautiful too. I hope they all find wonderful homes.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

Oh my word... I am having serious kitten lust, and no way can an inflict another on the feline threesome we have now. But I can admire from afar! You're a good woman, Susan. Cuteness, cuteness, cuteness!

1:08 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

They are so pretty - I hope they're all well esconsed in good homes.

7:43 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Oh yes...they've all found good homes, including the mom. :)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home