web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Monday, July 24, 2006

First attempt at Kool Aid Dyeing

Here's my first attempt at dyeing yarn with Kool Aid. Actually, it's my first attempt ever. I can guarantee, however, it won't be my last! I think it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself! :)

I had a lot of fun doing it and can't wait to explore more colors!

3 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

Very pretty! Which flavor is this? Allison and I did some Kool-Aid dyeing, and it's pretty addictive. Felts well, too. Oh, and the yarn smells faintly like Kool-Aid for a long time. :-)

12:11 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

That one is Kool Aid Twists Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade. I used 5 packets each in two canning/mason jars. One end of the skein was placed in each jar and then it was all microwaved. Towards the end I placed the yarn that wasn't in the kool aid into one of the jars and then finished microwaving. It has a nice variegated effect. I'm going to have to make more. :)

6:44 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

It's very pretty!

The first time I Kool-Aid dyed, I used the microwave, too. But the next time I just put the yarn and dyewater into a zip-lock baggie, and left it out in the hot sun until the dyewater was clear. I did turn the bag over and gently squich the yarn around every now and then. It worked great, and took only a couple of hours. Kinda like making sun tea. :-)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home