web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Saturday, July 15, 2006

More Barbaro

Barbaro Saturday Update: In Stable Condition With Good Appetite

by The Associated Press
Date Posted: 7/15/2006 11:30:09 AM
Last Updated: 7/15/2006 7:10:07 PM

By Richard Rosenblatt
AP Racing Writer

Barbaro had another "very good night" and remained in stable condition Saturday, a second day of positive news for the Classic winner being treated for an often fatal condition in his left hind leg.

"His heart rate and pulse are normal, and his appetite is good," Dr. Dean Richardson said in a statement issued by the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center.

"He continues to respond well, looks good and has a positive attitude."

Barbaro, the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner who shattered his right hind leg a few yards out of the starting gate in the Preakness (gr. I) on May 20, has a severe case of laminitis in his "good" left hind leg and his chances of survival were called "poor" by Richardson on Thursday.

"We continue to monitor him very closely, and we are keeping him as comfortable as possible," Richardson said.

Barbaro remains in the Intensive Care Unit of the George D. Widener Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home