web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Monday, July 10, 2006

Barbaro has developed complications

Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later but I had really hoped it wouldn't. Barbaro, the winner of the Kentucky Derby who broke his hind leg in the Preakness, developed an infection in the injured leg. He had a consistently high temperature and showed signs of discomfort. As of today, the hardware holding the injured leg has been replaced once and the cast has been replaced 6 times. They initially placed a longer cast on the leg (to provide more support) but it appeared to bother him so it was replaced with a shorter cast. He continues to receive visits from his owners and his trainer at least twice daily. He is also being treated for a couple of small abscess in his left hind hoof.

Here are links to relevant articles:

Barbaro's Cast Replaced for Sixth Time

Another cast change for Barbaro

Barbaro's Owners Hopeful Setbacks Are Minor

Barbaro has developed "potentially serious" complications

And, of course, make sure you check out the Barbaro Update page of the Tim Woolley Horseracing website.

Our prayers are still with you Barbaro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home