web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tori's playmate

Tori has a playmate visiting this week. Emma, EC's 2is year old chocolate lab puppy, is here visiting while EC is on vacation. I met EC at Tom Bass Regional Park and picked up Emma last Friday. EC'll come pick her up from my house this coming Sunday, before I go to work.

She and Tori have been playing pretty much non-stop. And it's not quiet play either. It sounds like I have a huge dog fight happening in my house when those two start roughhousing. And, to add to the noise, Jack decides he has to bark at them. I'm not sure if he's just trying to join in or if he really thinks Tori is in trouble. Either way, it's really really really loud! And, to make it even more fun, they've been doing it in the house because of the rain. :) (I'd prefer they roughhouse outside, actually...) Here are some pictures of them playing. Tori really is very excited to have Emma over. Now, whether my house will survive Emma's trip has yet to be seen! :)

Tori start's off as the prey but then recovers and tries to take Emma down. Then, they decide to work together and take down the green spider (a favorite prey item here!). Then, they moved to the couch and Tori was once again the prey!





























































The other favorites are the bones. The ones that have stuff in them. I have four of them floating around the house (they've been here for months). What's neat about the bones is once the initial filling is gone, you can refill it with other things (peanut butter, cheese, yogurt, etc), freeze it and it becomes a whole new toy! And it keeps them busy for a (relatively) long time. :)

She's been a pretty good houseguest. As good as a 2is year old lab puppy can be! She's fascinated by the bird (who could care less) and the cats (who would rather she wasn't). The cats can't wait for her to leave. :) I keep telling them it's good for them. It's enrichment! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Hey it's a little version of my babies! Takes me right back to puppyhood!
Now I've really got to go home now. But I'll be back to finish the rest.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home