web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, June 30, 2006

New Logo

I don't think I shared RRUS's new logo with you all. RRUS is the rescue group I am a member of. It stands for Ridgeback Rescue of the US and is one of two national rescue groups for Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Several months ago we had a design contest for our official logo. We are a fairly new organization (just turned 2 years old) and were still in need of an official logo. Well, here is the winner:

It was designed (and donated) by Sandra Fikes of Kalahari Rhodesian Ridgebacks. She is a wonderful artist (and breeder) and I highly reccommend everybody visit her website. :)








Also, I have just accepted the position of State Contact for Texas for RRUS. Our State Director recently resigned (she felt she needed to concentrate on her own Rescue (Etosha Rescue and Adoption Center) which noone can argue with). The call went out for a new State Director. Well, no one offered to take it and I don't feel qualified or knowledgeable enough to take on that position yet - which is what I told our National Director. Well she asked if I would take on State Contact. That's a little less scary sounding and has fewer responsibilities. I agreed. I feel that Texas is way too big a state to not be represented by RRUS. Plus, if Texas doesn't have a contact person then a State Director from another state would have to cover it. Again, Texas is too big a state to have someone do in addition to their own. This way, Texas has someone who can be point person for intakes, adoptions and volunteers but I'm not expected to do it all by myself. I will be doing a lot of consulting and discussing with other State Directors and with the RRUS Board of Directors while I'm figuring things out. So, if anyone hears of a Ridgeback in need in Texas I'm the sucker...er...I mean, person (yeah, person)...that you would call or email about it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home