web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Barbaro news and Belmont Winner

Sorry I've been so lax in getting these up. I've been housesitting (pictures and journal coming soon!) and haven't had much internet time (plus it's dial up so...)

Here are some links to some recent news articles on him:


Barbaro Doing Great a Month after breakdown

But he's making such steady improvement even surgeon Dean Richardson can't help but smile when discussing the world's most famous equine patient.

"This horse has had a remarkably smooth progression of events, he's just done everything right so far," Richardson said. "He's a lively, bright, happy horse. If you asked me a month ago, I would have gladly accepted where we are today."...

...Today, Richardson is guardedly optimistic. He says the odds are "going up," and adds: "Until he actually walks out of the hospital with no cast on, the radiographs look normal and he's bearing full weight, it won't even jump to 75 percent.

"If and when that happens, it will probably creep up ... and when I decide it's time to leave the hospital, maybe I'll finally admit that something worked," he said.


And, as always, check out Tim Woolley Horseracing website for (almost) daily updates on Barbaro's condition.

AND - It just dawned on me that I never posted who won the Belmont Stakes - run on June 10th - so...better late than never:

The winner was Jazil. He was ridden by 18 year old jockey Fernando Jara and is owned by Shadwell Stable. Here's an article written about the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home