web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, June 09, 2006

Yarn Buying Spree

This morning I went over to Ebay and found (and bought) the yarn I want to use on my B4 bag. I decided to use Lamb's Pride Bulky, color Charcoal Heather. Since I need 400 or so yards of this I decided to buy it in a 1# cone from Oregon Trail Yarn. Prices looked good and she combines shipping. I also proceeded to purchase the needles I'll need (size 13) in two lengths (16" and 24"). You can never have too many needles. :) Since I was already there - I decided to buy the yarn for the felted sheep I want make. I decided to use Patons - color's black (for the face) and Taupe and Stone Marl for the body. I also bought some Lamb's Pride Worsted Mill 2nds. The color is a nice brown and I decided it would look good for a sheep. While I was at PatternWorks buying the Felted Sheep pattern, I also picked up the Shelby Turtle Kit. How could I resist? He is way too cute and looks like he would be a fun felting project. Now, I just have to purchase the Rowan Calmer yarn for my Tempting II KAL and I'll be set for the KAL's I've joined. I'm having some trouble deciding which color to purchase though. It's between these three: Lucky, Blush and Turquoise. Which do all of you like better? Let me know!

Along with the Tempting II yarn, I also need to finish filling my box for my Other Secret Pal pal. :) I've already found some things, but I need to get a few more items to round it out. I figure I'll stop by Michaels or my LYS and see what other fun things I can find. :) I can't wait to send it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

Gee, I could've sent you the charcoal Lamb's Pride I have left over from my skully sweater!

I made a tee from Calmer (forget the color names--main color's pale blue, contrast is grapey). It's a wonderful yarn: very soft to knit with, and very light to wear.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home