web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Monday, June 05, 2006

KAL's

I've just joined to KAL's (Knit-A-Long's) - one for the B4 Bag (this month sometime) and Tempting II (July 1st). The first one is an informal type kal that formed on my felted bag list and the second one is with the Sexy Knitter's Club that I just recently joined. I'm now trying to decide what type of yarn and colors I want to use for both. I think I may use Reynolds Lopi (bulky) for the B4 bag (in variegated gray and sage heather) and I'll probably use Rowan Calmer (which is what the designer used) for Tempting II (in Chiffon (mediumish purple) or Slosh (a navyish type blue) .

I think they'll both challenge me is slightly different ways. The B4 bag involves knitting with beads and doing bobbles, neither of which I've ever done. Tempting II requires me to learn how to join sleeves to the body of the top. I think I'll like both of them. I figured if I did two of them at the same time I could do whichever challenge I felt up to at that moment. :)

I can't wait!

3 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

Tell me more about this knitting stuff - I've been a Lone Knitter all my life - I knit constantly, but never with any guidance or direction ... what is this B4 Bag thing? I LOVE it!!

8:04 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

I joined a felted bags internet list on yahoogroups (felted_bag_kal). It's very informal. Usually we all just mention what we're knitting and anyone who wants to join in does. This one seems a little more organized than ones in the past. I've just posted to see when it's starting and who all is doing it. I also mentioned it was my first time doing a kal and to clarify how it works...

Basically, as I understand it, you and whoever else is doing th kal, keeps in touch on where you are with the project. If you're having problems or difficulties you can ask the rest of the kal participants for help - since they are doing the same pattern (and everyone's at different skill levels) they are most likely going to be able to help you with your problem...It also gives you a group of people to share your progress with. And you can see what everyone else has done with theirs. I'm pretty excited about it. :)

If I find out more info, I'll post it to my blog! :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Hi There - I was wondering if you have the link to the B4 Bag KAL? Do you know where we post our pics and progress? I am a member of the KAL but I have lost my link. I did a search on Blogger and found the B4 bag among your posts. Hope you can help. Best wishes...Bernie

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home