web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

First named storm of the season...

Yup...that's right. Tropical Storm Alberto dumped a bunch of rain over Florida. Luckily, he did not increase in strength and become a hurricane. So far, no reported injuried or deaths. There was some flooding along Florida's Gulf Coast. He hit land near Adams Beach around noon today. His wind speed was down to 40 mph from 65 mph. He served as an excellent practice run for evacuation procedures. Personally, I'm hoping that all of our storms serve as practice. I'm really not ready to evacuate again. I didn't like it last year and I seriously doubt I'll like it any better this year. :) For a full article on Alberto, go to this page of the Houston Chronicle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home