web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Barbaro's in trouble

Barbaro is in serious need of prayers, white light, good thoughts, and/or zen. He has developed "acute severe" laminitis in is uninjured left hind foot. His chances at recovery are now considered poor.

"Speaking at a press conference Thursday morning, Dr. Richardson stated that Barbaro's laminitis is "as bad a case as you can get." In a resection procedure done a few nights earlier, a large portion of Barbaro's hoof wall was removed, and just 20% of the wall is still attached to the coffin bone, according to Richardson. His left hind leg is in a foam cast presently as they try to re-grow the hoof wall...."

"For now, Barbaro appears comfortable enough. "He nickers, he's eating well, he has excellent G.I. function, his temperature is normal, his heart rate is good, and he is capable of walking around his stall," said Dr. Richardson. "His owners, Roy and Gretchen Jackson, and his trainer, Michael Matz, visit him daily, and the Jacksons' absolute concern--their only concern--is for the comfort of the horse on a daily basis. We will go on as long as the horse acts normally."....

For the full article, click here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

I've been following this with the sinking heart of a horse lover and owner. This is the development they've feared since the beginning - no feet, no horse.

All of my concentrated energy for the best possible outcome, for Bobby's comfort and health, and for the aching hearts of those who love him is being sent.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home