web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fun Bear Enrichment

My department received two street sweeper brushes the other day. We gave one of them to the bears. Here's what they did with them:






Patty actually went to it first but Willie bulldozed his way in and chased her off. He doesn't share well. He's telling her to stay away in the bottom picture.

They appear to have enjoyed it and they'll probably have it for a day or two. Then we'll give it to another animal in the department. We bought these new and, let me tell you, they are heavy! It's eye opening to see a bear or a rhino or an elephant moving it out of the way with no apparent effort at all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

They sell something very like these brushes for horses to scratch on ... I wonder if any of your animals will use it that way.

Too cute. I want a bear!! (Of course, I don't, but ... I do. If you know what I mean.)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Do you know how many times I have to try to type that darned word verification thingie to leave a comment?

8:53 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Just makin' sure you're awake! :)

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home