web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mason Dixon Handtowel

So, here's what I decided to make with the wonderful linen yarn that my OSP sent me.

I am having so much fun with this yarn! It's a little stiff (which is normal) but should soften up after it's been washed a few times. The yarn is Euroflax that's been handpainted. The colorway is Summer Rose and has gorgeous pinks and browns and greens in it. This is my first time really working with sport weight and with linen and I'm really liking it. The other colorway that Martha sent me is called Lemon Ice and is a gorgeous mix of greens and yellows and blues. I can't wait to make a towel out that one too! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger DDancer said...

You aren't knitting from the hank are you? You will end up with a mess if you keep going. You need to turn those hanks into balls!!!!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

You're killing me....!! I'm going to have to buy that darned book, aren't I?

7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the colourway it is just lovely :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Martha - I know, I know! I was just too excited to start knitting the towel. The hank is now in a (sort of) ball. :) It is definitely easier to knit from a ball than a hank!

Ginny - Yes, you are going to have to buy the darned book! Have you checked out the various blogs for it yet? I've now done 3 1/2 repeats of the pattern. I'll post an updated picture soon!

Kylie - Yes it is! I love it too! Martha (ddancer) has excellent taste in colors!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home