web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Life is crazy sometimes

The reason it's been so long since I've posted is I've been helping my friend find a place to live. We did find an apartment in Friendswood about 20 minutes from my house. We've been spending lots of time moving her stuff from my garage to her new place. I figure it will take a few weeks to get everything moved over. It's not like my garage is in high demand so I'm in no great hurry. Beth, of course, wants her stuff soon. The problem we're having is the lovely Houston weather. If it's not hotter than blazes it's raining. Neither one is fun to move stuff in.

What's nice about her new place is that it takes her about the same amount of time to get to work as it does me. We'll be carpooling soon. Now to convince a few other people to move down to my area so that we can expand the carpool. :) Right now it looks like we'll be able to carpool on Sat, Sun and Mon. She's off Tue/Wed and I'm off Thur/Fri. Three days isn't too bad.

Also, if all of you could think good thoughts for my old pup I'd appreciate it. We had to go to the vet this morning. He's had diarrhea and vomiting since yesterday and the diarrhea was bloody this morning. The vet and I suspect that it's related to a bout of bloody diarrhea that happened a few weeks ago. (Both Jack and Tori had it then, we're hoping only Jack will get it this time.) Once again, the fecal didn't show anything. So, Jack's on Metronidazole again and I have enough for Tori if she decides to join in the fun. We also decided (at my suggestion) to deworm both dogs. So, I brought home enough Panacur to dose each dog for three days. On top of all of this - Tori decided to cut her tail and kept flinging blood everywhere yesterday. It looked like a crime scene. I really hope CSI never has to come into my house. I'm sure there are traces of her blood everywhere.

And I'm pretty certain my carpet is beyond salvageable. It's wasn't that great to begin with but now, after two bouts of bloody diarrhea and the vomiting and blood flinging yesterday it's ready to give up. And, right now, after a pretty much sleepless night, I'm beyond caring.

So, that's what's going in my life. I hope all of yours are going well! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home