web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Funny cats

So...at work last Saturday we moved our young male jaguar from the jaguar building to Phase 2. This is in preparation for the jaguar building to be demolished to make room for the new African Forest exhibit (which is taking up about 1/3 of the facility). He crated right up for us and we loaded him up on the cart and let him out in his new quarters. He was mad. He didn't want to be in Phase 2 with the tigers, cougars, small cats, etc. He wanted to be back at the jaguar building. He wouldn't look at us all day Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday. He ate great for Carolyn on Tuesday but was still acting miffed at me. (I was the one who crated him. I was not the one who closed the door but I was the one he was looking at when it happened). So Wednesday comes around. He decided that he would eat for me. (Meaning I didn't have to just throw the food in the holding unit and walk away. He would actually come up and eat while I was standing there.) Yeah! Well, later in the morning I saw two of our volunteers hanging out in front of his holding unit laughing. Carolyn and I headed down to see what was so funny. Carolyn saw it first and started laughing also. I, of course, was extremely curious now. Here's what I found when I looked into Tuco's holding unit:
He had decided to explore the roof of the holding unit and had climbed up the mesh door.









Later, I found him like this.

Carolyn's comment was "I think you're cat's going to be fine!" Yeah, I think he will be. He's definitely adjusting to the new routine and is starting to feel comfortable in his new home. We should be able to let him outside soon. :)

Oh, and the only reason she referred to him as "my" cat is because I am his trainer. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

I most definitely like your job better than mine. Yup.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home