web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ankole Cattle

So....this post is for Ginny, who ever so politely pointed out that I had not updated my blog recently.

These are Ankole Cattle (aka - Watusi cattle).


These are the latest addition to our hoofstock department. They are also very very cool cattle. What's even better is that I get to see them every day I clean the spec bear exhibit because they are located right behind bears. The ankole are very people friendly (not so friendly that we want to go in with them - note the size of those horns - but still friendly) and always wander over to greet me when I come over to bears. They also moo. Alot. Especially when I go over to give the bears their pm diet. I guess the Ankole think I should be feeding them too. :)

For even more information on Ankole cattle, go here.

And Ginny - I will try to post more. I wouldn't want you to not know what you've been up to! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

Thank you, thank you!! So that's what I've been doing. I wondered what that mooing was...

7:14 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I got up close to some of these last fall when I went on a safari in Santa Rosa. Their horns are so amazing looking!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home