web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What on earth is THAT?!

Well, folks, THAT is a Fossa (pronounced foosa or foosh). Pretty cool, huh? :)

We just received one last week from the Cleveland Zoo. He's a couple of years old and is named Hansel. No, the picture isn't of him. I haven't been able to get a good picture of him yet so I stole one from here. However, Hansel looks a lot like this guy to the left.

We're pretty excited to get him in. He's currently in quarantine but will be coming down to the building sometime next month. We're allowed to go hang out with him and Jonathan (the new lion, see previous post) on our way home. I got to feed him his rat tonight! :) He was very gentle when he took it too! (BTW - we work protected contact with the carnivores in the department, so I wasn't actually in with him! :))

2 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

Foosh ... what a great name for a cool looking animal.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

I have never heard of these! What a beautiful beastie.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home