Secret Pal 9
Okay secret pal...Here's my questionnaire: :)
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fiber yarns and natural fiber blends. I've used linen, cotton, wool and alpaca and have enjoyed knitting with all of them. I have not knitted with silk yet, though I will some
day! I have also enjoyed some of the ribbon yarns. In general, I don't like acrylics.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A drawer. I don't have anything specific to put them in yet. (I know, I know...)
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since January 2005. I consider myself to be either advanced beginner or intermediate. I have done some complicated things but there is still a lot out there that I don't understand (like cables, for instance...or Intarsia and Fair Isle.... :)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No...though I should probably start one...hmmmm (I may be changing this answer in the near future...)
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Hmmm...Let's see... Well, I love vanilla and honeysuckle. I'm not really fond of the heavy, floral scents. I tend to like the lighter ones. Cinnamon apple is another favorite, as is pumpkin spice. I also like lavendar, eucalyptus, spearmint, peppermint, and lemon.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Uhhh...Yes! :) I love chocolate - especially milk chocolate. Dove chocolate, Hershey chocolate, Ghiradelli chocolate, they're all good! :) I do not like coffee flavors, though so please, no mocha cappucino flavored chocolate! :)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Mostly I knit. But I also like to do counted cross stitch. I do not spin, yet. I would love to learn though.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD).
Country music is what I listen to the most but I also have several cd's of pop, jazz, classical and even goth. I especially love Christmas music and have been known to play it year round. :) And yes, I can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My absolute favorite color is green. I also like blues, purples, crimsons and greys. I prefer the darker colors but I do like some of the brighter ones. I really don't like the pastels or neon colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have several pets - 2 dogs (a dobe/lab mix and a rhodesian ridgeback), 2 cats, a macaw and New Guinea Blue Tongue Skink (he's a lizard :)) . I am also currently sharing my home with a foster cat and a foster dog (rhodesian ridgeback). I am not married and own my own home.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves but, unfortunately Texas is usually too warm to wear them. Same with the hats and mittens. We do get down to thirties or forties during our winter but it's not for very long (maybe a month or so, if we're lucky! :(). I do like ponchos alot. They're perfect for when it's a little cool in the morning or evening but warms up during the day! :)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Let's see....I enjoy knitting (and felting) bags, dishcloths/towels, baby blankets and knitted tops (if they're simple! :)). I've almost completed Tempting II and want to start Sizzle (as soon as I get the pattern).
13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now? You mean I have to actually admit to how many projects I'm doing?! Okay -
I have a B4 Bag (just need to finish the handles and felt it) a Tempting II (joining the collar now), a Heartbreakingly cute Kimono (from the Mason Dixon Knitting book), a Flag Afghan for my dog rescue group (still on the blue field) and a pair of socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES! Who doesn't?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular. Usually bamboo or addi turbos.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, not yet.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Over a year. (It's the socks...) I think I'll be frogging them shortly and starting over.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, though I really like Halloween too! (Yes, I realize it's an odd pairing. :))
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn? Does that count? :) Nothing specific. I have a lot of animal statues (especially bear stuff...I love Bears! The more realistic the better! :)) I also have a lot of stuffed animals and I read a lot. :)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Any of Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee's books, Knitting Nature, Knit Fix (Lisa Kartus)...I'm sure there are other books, I just can't think of them. I do not currently have a subscription to any knitting magazines. I would love to knit something with a silk or silk blend yarn and something using a hemp yarn. Those are two fibers I've definitely not knitted with yet. :) For patterns: The Shapely Tee and The Krista Tee by White Lies Desings and Sizzle (by knitandtonic).
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Cables. I would really like to learn cables. And entrelac. And someday I want to learn how to do intarsia and fair isle.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Sort of. I like knitting socks, just haven't done many of them recently. Too many other things I'm wanting to do. ;) My foot is 8 3/4 inches long from toe to heel.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)