web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Darcy Lou update

I know, I never really introduced her to y'all but here's an update anyways!

For those of you who don't know, Darcy Lou is a 12 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback that was dropped off at a shelter/rescue center in Texas. With the help of three different rescue groups (New Beginnings Animal Rescue League, Etosha All Hound Rescue and Ridgeback Rescue of the US) she is now safely in my house and a member of RRUS. For those of you who think that rescues don't work together, think again. This dog is proof that we do! RRUS would not have been able to get Darcy to me without the help of the other two rescue groups.

Since she was in desperate need of a dental and had two lumps on her neck that needed to be removed she went in last Friday for surgery. I'm glad to say that she came through with flying colors! She looks like Frankendog now but she's healing nicely. She will be available for adoption shortly. Her paperwork states that she is 12 years old but I don't think Darcy believes it. She acts much younger. She is extremely well mannered, housebroken, loves to go on walks, is now crate trained and excellent with other dogs, people and cats. What more can you ask for?

1 Comments:

Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Now if I lived in Texas!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home