web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Monday, October 16, 2006

I really need to build an Ark....

Yup....Remember that rain storm that Houston had way back in June or July? The one where it took me an hour to get to work? Yeah, that one. We had more of that type yesterday and today. Yesterday wasn't so bad. No flooding. No deaths. No major road closures. Today was hideous. Four people died due to flooding - at least two of those were due to someone trying to drive through water that was way to deep to drive through. Even if you are in a SUV.

Once again, I discovered that the Hwy 288 and I610 interchange are a major low point and all the water feels that it must go there. It was impassable. As in, there was no way you were making it through. So, I had to take a few back roads to get in to work today. Took me an hour. But I made it and I was on time. :) The rain then decided to take a break for a while until the end of lunch. Then it decided to pour down again, off and on, until I left for home. That's when it decided to just let loose. Yea. I'm thrilled. We're talking 2-4" of rain per hour. So, for the second time in one day, Hwy 288 was closed at the I610 interchange. I took backroads home. It took me over an hour. However, that is a lot better than my friend's drive home. She left at 350 and got hom at 650. That's a three hour commute that should have taken 30 minutes. She doesn't live that far from me...

So, I just keep telling myself that it could be worse. At least it only took me an hour to get home today. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

Glad you weren't completely washed away!!!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

I realize you've blogged since I last blogged myself, but I have to complain that there's nothing new here. How am I to live my life vicariously through you if you don't let me know what I've been up to?

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home