web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

So, how many of you dressed up in costume for Halloween? Be brave. Admit it. There is nothing wrong with it. I did. :)

My supervisor said that we could wear a costume at work today - with the understanding that we needed to wear something that we could work in. In other words, no flimsy, not much cloth costume. I chose to dress as a black cat. I already had the ears and the tail and I was able to find an inexpensive pair of black pants and a black shirt (which I already had, actually.) I had hoped to find an inexpensived (aka cheap) black tshirt but was unsuccessful. All the shirts I saw had some sort of logo on 'em and I didn't think that would work so well.

My coworker went as a witch - complete with green hair, red & white striped stockings, a hat and a broom. (FYI - that spray in green hair dye comes off on everything. Her shirt had a nice dusting of green on it. So did the microphone headset she used when she did her keeper chat. :))

What was so fun to watch were the reactions we got. There were three reactions we got, for the most part. 1) The person commented on the costumes (all positive, by the way), 2) The person smiled or laughed or in some other way acknowledged that we had on costumes (again, all positive) and 3) The person attempted to ignore the fact that there were two 30 something year old women walking around in costume (with zoo staff name tags, pepper spray and radios - hey, I might not have had my uniform on but I had on the other stuff that identified me as zoo staff.)

All of the zoo staff who saw us thought it was great - including several of the management team.

Just wait until next year. It will be even better. :) (Sorry, we don't have any pictures of us. I'm pretty sure several zoo guests took pictures of us but, alas, I don't have access to those. ;))

1 Comments:

Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Shame - you should have taken some pics!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home