web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sadie Update

Dr H said that her being in estrus could have possibly altered her threshold. However, she started having seizures again before coming into estrus (which was the beginning of March). She had one in both Jan and Feb as well as the 2 this week. He considers one seizure a month as too often. He would like to see more time between seizures or no seizures at all. So. We took blood to a) check her phenobarbital levels and b) check her liver/kidney/etc values. He reminded me that technically she is on a higher dose than when she started the phenobarbital last Oct.  We never changed her dosage as she lost weight and back in Oct she weighed 94 pounds and now she's a svelte 79. However, the dosage she's on isn't doing the job. So...after we get the results from the blood work (tomorrow sometime) he is going to either a) increase her dose or b) add another drug. And that's where we stand now. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home