web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, March 03, 2011

New Roof

It's been over 2 years since Hurricane Ike made landfall on Galveston Island.  Ike completely changed hundreds of lives.  So many people lost their homes, their belongings, their jobs.  I am a lucky one.  The only damage I received was losing some shingles from my roof.  Right after I got home from NYC, shortly after Ike made landfall, I was able to get the roof patched.  But the cost of completely replacing the roof was astronomical.  And how to know which companies were good?  So many fly by night companies show up after these disasters.  They do shoddy work (or none!) and then they're gone.  So I waited.  A year later I got some quotes.  One company wanted to charge me $8,000-$10,000 to replace my roof!  This is a single story, ranch-style house.  That wasn't going to happen.  The roof wasn't leaking so I waited some more.  Finally, last week, I started my search again for a contractor.  And I found one.  Bay Area Roofers will be coming by next Wednesday to completely replace my roof.  And they're not only replacing the roof, they are adding gutters as well!  The cost for this?  Just over $6400.  That total includes replacing the roof, upgrading the shingles, the gutters and tax.  This company has really good ratings with both Angie's list and the Houston area BBB.  More importantly, they *act* like they want my business and aren't going to charge an arm and leg for me to get it!  I'll let everyone know how they do with the actual work! lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home