web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Seizures...

Sadie's now had two seizures in just over 3 days.  This can't possibly be good.  At some point something's got to give and if the seizures keep coming with more and more frequency, I'm going to have to make a quality of life decision. :-(

For those of you who don't know Sadie, let me introduce you. Sadie is a 13, going on 14, year old Rhodesian Ridgeback that I adopted from a shelter in Miami, FL.  Her owner had died and that's what she got out of the deal.  Dropped off at the shelter.  But, it could've been worse.  Her owner wanted her euthanized when he died so at least his heirs gave her a chance by taking her to the shelter.  After several days, lots of phone calls and lots of good Samaritans (one of whom spent hours at the shelter every day trying to get her out and several who drove her the several hundred miles to get her to me) she arrived in Houston at the end of Sept.  And ten days later, give or take, she had her first seizure.  Or at least the first seizure we were aware of.  And then 20 hours later she had another one.  So off to the vet we went and after blood work, xrays and a thorough check up she was started on phenobarbital.  And she was seizure free until January.  Then, ~5 weeks after that one, she had another one.  And then 3 weeks later another one.  And then 3 days later this one, at 630 in the morning.  And these are just the seizures I know about.  It's entirely possible she's had more while I was at work.  So, today we are off to the vet.  Since she's due for blood work anyways I figured why not do it today?  I'll let everyone know what Dr H says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home