web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Listening to your dog

So apparently Wellness Dog Food and my dogs don't like each other.  Or rather my dogs liked Wellness just fine, it just didn't like them!  For those of you who don't  know, I normally feed Flint River Ranch.  My dogs love it and they do great on it.  I also love the fact that I can have it automatically shipped directly to me (with FREE shipping!) from Feed My Pet.  I have it shipped to me every 6 weeks.  This usually lasts the dogs fine but, on occasion, it doesn't and I supplement with a different food that I can buy at the local pet or grocery store.

So, I ran out of Flint River Ranch early last month and I chose to feed Wellness this time until my next order arrives.  I have always heard good things about Wellness Dog Food and figured, why not give it a try?  Well, now the fun begins.  Everything went fine for a little while and then I started seeing some changes in the dogs behavior.  Shortly after switching Sadie started to eat (prepare for grossness) poop and then a few days ago I caught Tori eating dirt!  Yikes!  Both dogs were also pooping more. Something was definitely not right.  Hmmmm....the only major change was the dog food.  And my FRR doesn't arrive until next week.  Now what do I do?  Well, I'll tell you what I did.  I took myself down to the local PetCo and bought some Purina ONE Sensitive Stomach.  Both dogs are MUCH better this morning after only two meals with the Purina ONE.

I did not initially connect Sadie eating poop with the food switch, however, after two meals of Purina ONE she is no longer hunting the back yard for (ick) poop.  And I also haven't seen Tori eating dirt.  I'm not saying that Wellness isn't a good food because it is.  What I *am* saying is that it wasn't right for my dogs.  Just because the food is high quality DOESN'T mean it's right for every dog. Listen to you dog.  I can't wait until my FRR comes in next week...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home