So, I've finished a few projects recently. :) I knitted a purse using a slightly modified Diamond in the Rough pattern. I chose to make it with a flap instead of having it open at the top. Now I just need to either find handles I like or knit and felt an i-cord for it. I also chose to knit up a cell phone case. All it needs to be finished is a belt loop and a closure (I'll probably use velcro).
I also cleaned up my stash just a bit. It really needed it. And I found some yarn that I had forgotten I had. So...it now (almost) all fits in the drawers. There is a little bit in a rubbermaid tote but not too much.
Here are some pictures of what I did:
This is what it looks like now. Sorry I don't have a before picture. You will just have to trust me that there was yarn *everywhere*!
I even cleaned up and organized my needles and things...
I'm also getting rid of quite a bit of it. I have a friend in Galveston who is allergic to wool and only uses cotton or acrylic. Since I, for the most part, don't like knitting with acrylic yarn I am giving her a bunch of what I have. I will keep a few skeins of it around in case anyone wants to learn how to knit but I'm getting rid of the rest of it. And I know my friend will appreciate it. I will take it down to her on Thursday when we meet up for dinner
On another, but related, note...there is a group of us at the zoo who have started getting together to knit/crochet - either during lunch or right after work. The zoo has been kind enough to let us use one of the conference rooms. So far there are 8-10 of us who come. The group includes staff from different animal departments as well as commissary and some volunteers. There are others from other departments that want to join but the timing hasn't been right yet. This is lots of fun and is open to anyone who knits/crochets or who wants to learn. I'm really enjoying it and I'm pretty certain everyone else is too. :)