web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Getting Organized....

Well, sort of. :) I spent several hours yesterday organizing all of my knitting patterns. I borrowed an idea a friend of mine had and it works great!


I went out and bought one of the Rubbermaid filing boxes and some hanging file folders.









I then went through all of my patterns and organized them into categories. Then I filed them in their appropriate folder.








After that, I used Excel and created a Table of Contents. It has two columns - one with the pattern title and one with the category it was filed under. I did this because some of the patterns are for two items (i.e. a hat and scarf pattern). This way, I can look at the Table of Contents and find the pattern I want. I currently have it alphabetized by category but will likely print off one that is alphabetized by pattern name as well. That way I can either look through type or by pattern name.


I think I am going to have to do this with sewing patterns as well. And possibly an quilting patterns I get. I really like how these filing boxes are movable and they are easy to store, which is a big plus!

3 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

There's work here for you any time, Susan. Any time.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Wow! I am in awe! Want to take a trip to California and organize mine?

2:28 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Dephal - I would love to! Next time I am down that way I'll do it. :) You'll just need to make sure you have plenty of filing folders and enough file boxes to put them into. :)

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home