web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Movies

So...I've been on a bit of a movie kick lately. Luckily, I've got a theater near me that offers first run movies at a decent price ($2.25 for matinées and $4.50 for evenings and matinées include all showings before 6pm). I've recently seen: Sweeney Todd, Enchanted, The Golden Compass and National Treasure: Book of Secrets. All of them were very good - though I am very glad I paid matinées price for National Treasure. It was a fun movie but not a lot of plot. However, if you love chase scenes, lots of action and random danger situations you would probably like this one. :)

I highly recommend the other three. Enchanted and Golden Compass are fun movies. They provide a nice relaxing few hours. Sweeney Todd is darker but is still very good. It is a Tim Burton film and stars Johnny Depp. This is probably the only scary type movie of Johnny Depp's that I have ever seen. It was excellent. It's not too gory and features Johnny Depp singing his own songs. Now, if you don't like musicals you probably won't like this one...Most of the dialogue is sung. This is one movie I will probably purchase - along with the soundtrack.

Coming up: Alvin and the Chipmunks and Water Horse. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

I can't believe those prices!!! And, as I'd probably happily watch Johnny Depp twiddle his thumbs for two hours, Sweenie Todd is definitely on my list. I, however, will have to pay $15.00 to see it.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Susan - I love your sight. I also wanted to thank you for your help with my blog space...I think I'm still going to play around with it and hopefully get more comfortable with it!

Would you care if I put a link to your sites on mine?

Thanks again - and I will now enjoy reading all about your days!!

Have a great one -
Steph :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I loved Sweeny Todd (but then, like crowzma, I could watch Johnny Depp do anything for 2 hours) and Enchanted (Patrick Dempsey :-)). Was pleasantly surprised by Water Horse, too. But I pay $7 for a matinee.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home