web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, January 25, 2008

Quilting...

This is the first quilt block I have ever made. I finished it tonight. Yes, there are some obvious (and not-so-obvious) mistakes. I have chosen to keep those for a variety of reasons (and no, it's not because I just don't feel like fixing them. I have already fixed several other mistakes in this block...I've gotten very good with the seam ripper).


I may choose, at a later date, to fix the mistakes...or I may not...Time will tell.

This block is the first of many...it is the beginning of a memorial quilt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Lovely. Just Lovely. I look forward to seeing more.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Good work. It's going to be a wonderful memorial. I can't wait to see it. (Don't call them "obvious errors.) Call them "interesting design features."

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan!!

You probably don't remember me, but my name is Kelly and I had the privledge of working in Carnivores with you and everyone in the summer of... 04? I think? yes? Yes!! Anyways, I was Youtube-ing Houston Zoo videos waiting for my class to start on campus and I came across yours, which I was excited about because they contained my fav animals. Then I saw that you had a blog, and viola, I am here and reading it, and LOVING it!
I can not even begin to tell you what that summer at the zoo meant to me. I had the best time and I learned so much. The zoo has such a special place in my heart and I make my dad take me back almost everytime I come home. :) You were all the most wonderful zookeepers and so kind and patient and helpful. I tell everyone stories about my experience and show them all my pictures- I even sleep in my blue volunteer shirt. :) I have my tiger paw print in my room and look at it daily. It reminds me of all you!
My heart breaks everytime I return and another one of the animals that I love has passed on. And yet, I know that that is the way life works. I was so happy to get the time I had with each of them.
I hope this doesn't weird you out, reading this long post from a girl you probably don't even remember.

Please pass along a Hello from me to anyone that still works there- Kevin, Josh, Stephanie, Brett is in sealions now?? Right?

Give the bears love from me!
- Kelly
kellymc1@comcast.net

10:24 AM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

Ooh quilting! You're doing a great job. I took classes back in BC and want to take more now that we've settled down. Have fun!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home