web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Armand Bayou Nature Center

Beth, Kristin and I decided to visit Armand Bayou Nature Center last week. It was a fun trip, though we didn't see much wildlife. We did see lots of spiders though...and lots and lots of webs. I am actually amazed that this picture turned out. I wasn't sure I'd be able to capture all the webs that were on that tree. :)





Here's a close up of a couple of the spiders we saw. I still need to send them to the Zoo's resident arachnid expert. I really want to know what kind they are.














We also saw a bison and a water snake. Those, and lots of turtles and various lizards, were the extant of the wildlife we saw. Well...I'm not counting the mosquitos that kept trying to eat us. However, there were some nice trails through various habitats - marsh, prairie and forest. We spent several hours there and provided for a nice, enjoyable, distracting day. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

I like that spiky spider!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home