web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The clouded leopard exhibit

Here are some pictures of our clouded leopard exhibit. We completely re-propped it for him. This is the exhibit that used to house our snow leopard. She was moved one exhibit down so that Rama would have a place to live. :) This picture to the left is what the west end of the exhibit looked like prior to being propped (when facing the exhibit, this is the left side of the exhibit). These pictures were all taken from inside the exhibit so I could get some good shots of it without the mesh. I will try and get some pictures of it from the guests view soon so that you can see what it looks like from the front. I just don't happen to have any right now.

Here's what it looks like now:

This is much better suited for a clouded leopard. And he is definitely enjoying all the logs and branches.







Here's what the east side of the exhibit (on the right when facing it) looked like before we propped it:
















This is what it looks like now. The big tree in the foreground is in the center of the exhibit when you are facing it.















And here we are finishing it up. We are so thankful to our Horticulture staff who came and helped us move all the big heavy logs and to our maintenance staff who came and peeled back the exhibit mesh so we could get the big heavy logs into the exhibit. At one point, our maintenance staff had to remove part of the barrier fence too....the log wouldn't go in otherwise...We are very lucky that they like us! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

Wow. I'd love to live in an exhibit like that. Lucky cat.

10:11 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

It is pretty nice, isn't it? It also took two days to prop it. Those were some big, heavy logs. There is no way we could've done by ourselves. Thank goodness the horticulture staff likes us. :)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home