web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Monday, March 26, 2007

He's here! Woo hoo!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited? The "he" I'm referring to is our new clouded leopard, Rama. He is now officially out of quarantine and has arrived in our building. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :)

Here are some pictures of our new boy. These were taken when he was still sedated for the transport. He was up and walking around by this afternoon and ate a little bit food from me around 330.




If I'm really lucky, he'll settle in enough that I can get some pictures of him on exhibit. We'll see. This species of cat is notoriously shy so who knows...

Also, here's a (not so good) picture of his teeth. These cats have the longest teeth to body size ratio than any other cat, excluding the now extinct saber-tooth cat.


Anyways, I just had to share the excitement! He is just too cool!

6 Comments:

Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Beautiful Cat. But I wouldn't be brave enough to do that with MY hand?!

6:00 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Thank you. And he was sedated. I certainly wouldn't do that when he was wide awake!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Oh my, he's gorgeous, truly gorgeous. He's going to be a fine addition to your cats.

7:24 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Very much so! And tonight, he actually came down, out of his crate, to eat the food I offered him. He took it ever so gently off of the meat stick. :) This is the first time he's actually gotten out of his crate to eat from us. Every other time we've either had to leave the food on the floor of the holding unit or he's already been up and moving. :) He's a really neat cat!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

What a beauty!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

OOOOHHHH! Such a beautiful creature! I hope he is all settled in now. Those fangs are amazing.

PS: He would definitely win on America's Next Top Model. Beautiful AND catty! Ar, ar, ar...petnet7

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home