web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, March 02, 2007

Dang....

For those of you who do not know, I volunteer at a low cost spay/neuter clinic in La Marque Texas. Well, when I started volunteering last July, there was one vet, three techs, a receptionist and a clinic manager - and we only did spay/neuters. Now, we have 2 vets, 5 techs, 2 receptionists and a clinic manager - and now we're also running a wellness clinic. It's amazing to see how much it's grown in the 7 months I've been there. The staff are awesome and I enjoy going down and spending my Friday mornings there - even if it is hard to get up and get moving on my day off. When I see how much my help is appreciated, it makes it all worthwhile. Today, they did between 70 and 80 surgeries - and I have no idea how many people Jason ended up seeing in the wellness clinic. This is obviously a service that is needed here.

And let me tell you, it's a whole 'nother routine when there are *two* vets doing surgeries! I'd leave the back area to go check on the laundry and I'd come back to 3-4 packs needing to be washed, rinsed and repackaged. They kept me busy today. And I loved every minute of it! :)
If anyone is interested in learning more about the clinic go to the Saving Animals website and click on Animal Alliance Spay-Neuter Clinic. And while your there, why don't you check out all the other great things this group is doing?

3 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

Will you STOP it, please? What are you trying to do to me?

8:00 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Awwww.... :) You know I love you! Just making sure you're aware of all the great things going on. :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

wow - on your day off? you are a glutton for punishment!
(says she, when I've just done a 'preparation for birth' on MY day off! - but I will get time back, some time).
I should imagine it's fascinating tho'. But so must running a zoo be! I shall pop back to read some more.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home