web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, May 30, 2008

Finished, almost finished and still to be started projects!

First, the finished:

These are three felted belt bags that I've finished over the last few weeks. I really like this pattern and, as an added bonus, it's a fairly easy one. :)

And this one is a drop stitch scarf I've made for my cousin. I really hope she likes green! This was also an quick and easy pattern.

And the almost finished is this:

It still needs to be felted but it's a pouch. Once felted it will have strings threaded through the top to pull it closed. I will felt it as soon as I have a couple of other items finished that need to be felted. :)

And the still to be started project is this:

Yup. That's a bunch of clean Anatolian Shepherd fur that will, at some point in the future, be spun into yarn. Here's a closer look:

I'm not sure yet if I will attempt to spin it myself or pay a company/individual to spin it for me. I'm not sure I'm ready to do this. I really want to use the yarn to make something special. I'm fairly confident I can card it into roving fine (and I've just purchased some silver and white raw wool to blend with it) I'm just not sure I will be able to make it into decent yarn...and while I know it will probably cost a bit to have someone else spin it I would at least know it would turn out the thickness and quality I want. So...at some point I will have to make a decision...Oh, and this is about 8 ounces of Anatolian Shepherd fur. I actually have more of it (that hasn't been cleaned yet) but it's from different dogs (two of my fosters) while this batch is exclusively from the two Anatolians at work. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Semavi Lady said...

Google sent your link to me as it mentioned Anatolians. Good luck on the nice cache of hair you have there. I think people that have used dog hair tend to have it combined with another fiber, as pure dog hair alone tends to be really sweltering in a garment, but of course, that depends on your plans for the new wool. Good luck on the project.

I hope Sasha is doing okay. I wish it could be easier to tell when female rehomes have been spayed already.

7:36 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Thank you! And they're still shedding so I'm sure I'll end up with more as time goes on. :) I am currently planning on blending it with some white and silver/grey wool that I've just purchased. I figured the wool would help the yarn hold up better since it's got a longer hair length. I'm still not sure what I'll make with it...perhaps a scarf...or a bag...or...? The options are endless. :)

Sasha is doing okay. I really wish vets would tattoo female dogs that have been spayed...especially if they are spayed young. That way you can just look and tell. Oh well...She's none the worse for wear, just a little sore right now.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home