web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, May 30, 2008

Sad and Happy happenings...

First, the sad:

Bridge: unknown puppy

While at the Clinic today a lady brought in a young pitbull puppy who was not feeling well. Turns out the little pup had Parvo. The pup was so far gone that the lady elected to euthanize her. The vet tech and I stayed with the puppy until she was gone. This poor dog was skin and bones and so lethargic. Please, vaccinate your dogs (especially your puppies) for Parvo. This is not a disease to mess around with!

And then the happy:

Rescued: kitten!

This young kitten (weighs less than a pound!) was rescued off the street near the Clinic. The woman brought her in and begged them to please take her. She couldn't take her as she was on her way to work and was afraid the kitten would get hit by a car if left where she was (which is highly possible!). Of course, the clinic staff took her and, I suspect, the vet will actually take her home. This little girl spent very little time in the kennel and quite a bit of time in the arms of the staff. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

So sad about the poor sweet pup, but I'm glad at least the kitten had a happy ending!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home