web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New addition!

No, not to my house! Last week my department became the proud caregivers for 2 male Grizzly Bears. They are both 27 years old and were part of the same confiscation that Bruiser came from. If you do not know Bruiser's story, email me and I will give it to you. He was an ancient Asiatic Black Bear that lived with us for 10 months until he passed on at the age of 31 or 32 years.

These boys are named Boomer and Bailey (the guy who originally owned them named all the bears names that started with "B".) They are currently living separately but we hope to introduce them so that they can share the exhibit (and we won't have to rotate them on/off exhibit). Here's a picture of the boys:

Boomer:


Bailey:




1 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

Look at them!! My goodness. Bear envy... that's what I've got. My bears are little and stuffed and have button eyes. Poor me.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home