web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Monday, May 15, 2006

Meet Boomer


I thought it was time for everyone to meet my bird. This is Boomer. He is a blue and gold macaw. He's four years old and I am in his second home. The family that had him first (and hatched him) were unable to keep him for a variety of reasons and I had always wanted a macaw (either military or blue and gold). For the most part he is a friendly bird - with no real bad habits. He doesn't pluck his feathers, he doesn't screech for hours on end and he doesn't attack me unless I'm trying to get him out of his cage when he wants to be in it. And I can live with that. I know (and he knows) that I can get him out if I want to.

He's amazingly quiet in the mornings and during the day. He gets loud when I get home from work. :) Especially when I leave the room and go elsewhere in the house. FYI - he's allowed out whenever I am home and can keep an eye on what's going on. I shut the door to his cage when I'm gone and overnight. Tori likes to go grazing in there and I've caught Zoey in there a couple of times too...I'd rather not risk anything happening to either of them while I was gone or sleeping. And yes, the injury would be to the dog or the cat. That beak is not just for breaking open brazil nuts. He can draw blood. But, like I said, he is (for the most part) a friendly bird. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

He's beautiful. As I sit here, my Amazons are beginning their nightly canopy check - shrieking to make sure they know where they all are.

Draw blood? Break bones, more like it.

I love my birds, I love my birds, I love my birds...

8:49 PM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

Oh my, what a stunning bird. He's such a handsome man!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Knatolee said...

Hey! Thank you for putting my rug site on your list of links. I just noticed that. Okay, I will stop hogging the comments for now...

9:17 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

You know, I keep repeating that same mantra - I love my bird (dog, cat, whatever) - over and over. Especially when they do something I'm not overly thrilled with...Or, in the case of Boomer - repeating one of his words over and over and over again - or screaming because I left the room...

And I think he's pretty beautiful too! (and he agrees. :))

10:35 AM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Your welcome Knatolee! I love your rugs! Absolutely beautiful!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home