web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, May 19, 2006

Latest Craft Project

Here is a picture of my latest craft project. It's a casting of jaguar print. I also did one of a lion print but I'm having some difficulty with blogger. I can't get them to load up the way I want them to so....you're getting one. Anyways, after it rains the exhibits end up a little muddy. When the cats walk through the mud they occasionally leave a nice pawprint behind. If you happen to have some plaster of paris you can use the print as a mold and make a nice casting of it. The print this was made from is most likely from one of the cubs, Reina or Tuco. I think it's a little small to be Cocoy (mom). These castings can be used for many things: educational programs, keeper chats, gifts, silent auction items, etc. Of course, there's usually only one or two good prints in the mud at any given time. You can make a mold from the casting, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. ;) These are fun to do, as long as you have the time. It takes 30-45 minutes for the plaster to dry and the cats have to be off exhibit during that time so we try to do these on days when there aren't many guests.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

WHen I first saw this pic, I thought it was some kind of starched crocheted lace thing! :) THen my brain kicked in.

Anyway! Very cool print!!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home