web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, May 19, 2006

Jack Recovering


Here's a picture of Jack resting and recovering. (This is about the only way I can get a picture of him without the "nobody loves me" look). He took a tumble this morning on our walk. He went to get up on a curb and slipped back. He ended up sprawled spreadeagle on the street next to the curb. And of course this all happens in a matter of seconds and I can't react that fast. I helped him up and then massaged his right front leg (that he was not wanting to put weight on, of course). After a few minutes of that he was willing to try to walk. He limped through our (shortened) walk and when we got home I put an ice pack on it. He's now walking fine so I don't think anything permanent happened. I hate to see them get old.

(For those of you who don't know, Jack is my 9 yo doberman/lab mix. I adopted him from Pullman Animal Control the day after I graduated from college (May 10 1998). He was guessed to be 1 1/2 to 2 yo at that time. That was the best $25 I ever spent. He's been my constant companion and has been there for me no matter what was happening in my life. He's my best bud. I love you pup!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

Poor baby! I hope he's feeling much better now.

5:54 PM  
Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Thanks knatolee! He is feeling much better tonight. I gave him 50mgs of Deramaxx and upped his fish oil, glucosamine/msm/chondroitin and turmeric amounts. He'll be on a short walks only regimen for a little while just to be safe.

Give Tara some scritches for me. I'm sure she can sympathize with Jack.

6:13 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

And dogs get sooo embarrassed when they fall over!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home