web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Sunday, March 09, 2008

New foster....

coming!!! She is not here yet but she will be on late Thursday. On the 13th (Thursday) morning, bright and early, I will be leaving my home and driving up to Savanna, OK. (No, I've never been there....have no idea, really, where it is beyond what Mapquest is telling me! All I know is that it's ~ 6 1/2 hours from my house). The reason this place was chosen was because it's somewhere between me and the person who will bringing me my foster dog. lol She is currently being boarded in IA and, as she is an undersocialized dog we thought one car transfer was better than two or more. So....one of RRUS' volunteers will be driving her from IA to Savanna, OK (an ~10 hour one way trip) where I will meet up with him. I will then bring her home. She is going to be one well traveled dog by the end of this. :) She is a livernosed rhodesian ridgeback. She is 1 1/2 years old and very timid/shy/scared. She was kept in a backyard/pasture type area with 6 or 7 other dogs. She did not have much interaction with people nor with other animals beyond the dogs she lived with. She is now up-to-date on shots, microchipped, and wormed (apparently she has whipworms so that'll be fun!). I will get her spayed once she gets here as I can have that done for ~$60 at the low-cost spay and neuter clinic I volunteer at. I've already got the appointment made for her! I will post pictures as soon as I get some. Currently, the only one I have is of her behind a chainlink fence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home