web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Darcy...

I wanted to let y'all know that I will be sending Darcy to the Bridge tomorrow afternoon. The prednisone helped her a little bit but it's just not able to help her anymore. Her back legs keep giving out on her and she can't get up now without assistance. She also is no longer interested in food. She is wasting away. I cannot make her stay with me any longer. So...I made an appointment with our vet for tomorrow at 420 p.m. There were earlier ones available but I have to work until noon tomorrow and I wanted to be able to take her to the park and give her a nice send off. I didn't want to have to rush her to the vet. I want her last few hours to be filled with sunshine, fresh air and love. I am going to have her cremated. I will keep her ashes with me until I find a suitable place to spread them.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers and good wishes these last few weeks. I really appreciate it and I know that they have helped Darcy. Now, please send her easy passing zen. She is a special girl and will always have a place in my heart and home. She has done her job on this earth and it is now time for her to go home.

4 Comments:

Blogger DDancer said...

*hugs to you and Darcy*
It's never easy to let our special pals go. You did good by her.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that it's Darcy's time. You and Darcy both will be in my thoughts.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Crowzma said...

Peace, Darcy. And comfort to you, Susan. I know your heart is breaking. Again.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hang in there Susan. As for special friends, Darcy chose well.

A. Jill

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home