web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Darcy Update!

Darcy is improving!! Her breathing is still fairly rapid but she is no longer coughing! The pred appears to be working. :) She has also expanded her food list to include: boiled chicken, boiled rice, deli ham and cooked hamburger with garlic. She also thinks peanut butter is okay but not as yummy as the aforementioned food items!

Also, for those of you interested, here is a picture of Darcy's xrays.


The vet took two laterals (one from each side) and a ventral/dorsal (in other words, she was lying on her back). For those of you who do not know, lungs on an xray should appear black not white. The reason being that the lungs are full of air and the xrays cannot pass through it. If they are white, like these, it means that there is fluid in the lungs. In fact, Dr Lauren's (a zoo vet) comment when she saw Darcy's xrays was "Wow! You usually only see something like that in a classroom!" In other words, her lungs look pretty bad. However, she is still breathing. She is not ready to go yet. When she is, she will let me know and I will let her go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crowzma said...

Ugh. The last time I saw rads like this, it wasn't good. It is good, however, that the pred is making a significant difference so quickly.

Here's to lots of luscious meals, lots of snuggles with her loving family, and plenty more time than either of you is expecting at this point.

Hugs to you both.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home