web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, May 26, 2006

The Other SP Exchange

A week or so ago I joined a Secret Pal Exchange titled: The Other SP Exchange.

Well, yesterday the questions were put up and we were told to post the answers on our blog. This is to give my Secret Pal an idea of what I like, don't like, etc. So, here goes:

1. My favorite yarn to knit with is: natural fibers - wool, cotton, alpaca, etc. (I really like King Tut yarn, Knit Picks wool of the andes, and Rowan All cotton blend - but I haven't tried too many different brands soo....)

2. I really do not enjoy knitting with: acrylic yarns (though I will in certain circumstances)

3. If I had a choice, I would banish this yarn from my LYS: 100% acrylic yarns (sorry those of you who like knitting with acrylic. I just don't like them!)

4. If I could knit only one more project for the rest of my life, it would be: bags (felted and not felted) - their useful and make great gifts!

5. My favorite flower is: rose and lily

6. My current color obsession is: Green, Blue and Purple

7. My other interests are: dogs (ridgebacks, dobermans), bears (favorite is American black bear), snow leopards, tigers, reading (mystery, sci - fi, fiction), camping, horses, training, movies (comedy, sci-fi, drama, (no thrillers or horror), etc). baseball (Go Mariners and Astros!!!)

8. Something I wish I knew more about is: animal nutrition, flowers/gardening, building things (furniture, toys, using pvc, different power tools/connectors/etc)

9. A knitting technique I want to learn is: Intarsia, Fair isle, Entrelac, dyeing my own yarn, Cables

10. My favorite needles to knit with are: circulars!!! bamboo, wood, metal, whatever.
though I also enjoy knitting on dpn's (usually when my circs are too long for the project)

-- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0

11. Do you knit socks? sort of (I've managed to complete 1 pair, I have 2 other pairs that I'm currently attempting to finish)

12. Please provide your foot measurements*:

* length (longest toe to heel): 9 1/2 inches
* instep circumference: 8 1/2 inches (ball of foot), 9 inches (center of foot), 12 inches (around base of heel)
* ankle circumference: 8 3/4 inches

(*a note to my sock knitters: If I have that request wrong, TELL ME so I can change it! Thanks!)

13. What was your favorite childhood movie? Any Disney movie (especially Brother Bear), Neverending Story. This isn't a childhood movie but I really really love Phantom of the Opera (both the stage production and the latest movie). I also like Les Miserable.
14. What is one thing in your knitting bag that you can't live without? stitch markers

15. What is lacking in your notions bag that you really, really want? (Cable needle, Kacha Kacha, Chibi, etc.) Cable Needles

16. What is currently on the needles at your house? 2 pairs of socks, an afghan (Americana Afghan from Lion Brand)

17. If you could do nothing but knit all day, every day, for the next month (and get paid for it!), what would you knit? again - felted bags.

18. Least favorite color(s): not too crazy about orange, yellow, lime green or pastels though when mixed in with other colors I usually like them.

19. Favorite genre of music? Or any way you want to answer that question...basically it's the what kind of music do you like question. Country (Jack Ingram, Rascal Flatts, Lonestar, George Strait, SheDaisy, etc). I also listen to various pop (no favorite artists though).

20. Favorite candy or sweet: milk chocolate (without nuts or peanut butter, unfortunately (I'm allergic to nuts and nut products))

21. What is the most challenging thing you have ever knit? The Asana Tank from Knitty

22. How long have you been knitting? Since January 2005

So, there you go Secret Pal. I hope it helps! Good luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Knatolee said...

I am SO with you on acrylic yarn!!!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home