Well, since I finished the baby blanket I had to find something new to knit. I always have to have at least one project to work on. I decided to start another Americana Afghan from Lion Brand. I have made this afghan before - in fact it was the very first project I ever knitted. I gave it to my mom as a "I hope things get better" gift a little over a year ago. This time I am using Wool - Ease Thick and Quick instead of homespun and, since I do not have the needles to get the correct gauge, I've altered the number of stitches and the rows to be knitted. I am using size 8 Addi turbo needles. I am casting on 80 stitches and knitting 140 rows for the field and will be doing 80 stitches and 20 rows, alternating, for the stripes. This afghan will be auctioned or raffled off as a fundraiser for RRUS, the dog rescue group I am a member of. It somehow seemed doubly appropriate that I am using yarn from Lion Brand, since Ridgebacks are also known as the Lion Hound. ;) Many Ridgeback owners are also very fascinated and interested in lions. Below is a picture of the afghan. I've only done about 17 rows of the blue field.
I really can't wait to see how it turns out. Since it is such a large project (I don't have the longest of attention spans so tend to do smaller projects) I suspect I'll be taking breaks. Luckily, I believe this is wanted for next years National Speciality so I have some time. :)