web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Monday, November 20, 2006

What's a Lion to do?

You may remember that we got a new lion at the zoo I work at. His name is Jonathan and you can read his story in the archives of my blog (October, I think). Well, last Friday we put him and the girls together on exhibit. They have now been together all day for four days. So far, the routine is to go outside, Lindi has a spat with Jonathan (she's initiated all of them so far) and then everyone go their separate ways and hang out for the rest of the day until their separated again in the afternoon. The girls stay awake most of the time keeping an eye out for him. Jonathan, on the other hand, goes and does this:



I don't think he's too concerned about the girls. It almost like every morning he goes outside, walks up to the girls, asks if they like him yet, they say no, he says "okay" and goes and takes a nap for the rest of the day.

As far as introductions go, this is wonderful! We are very pleased with how well they are getting along and that their have been no injuries. Hopefully this trend will continue. It helps that Jonathan is a very laid back, relaxed lion. He just wants the girls to like him. Someday, Jonathan, I hope they will. Just keep trying. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Craftybernie said...

Sounds like he's got it made!!! Lol.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Just give the guy some football on tv and he'd be like some human men I know!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home