web page hit counters
Dell PC

My Life Is A Zoo

This is where I will post interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen in my life. The subject matter will include any random things that I decide to put in (including animals, my work, my hobbies and my family).

Friday, August 24, 2007

Tuco....

is now officially a Jacksonville Jaguar. A coworker and I drove him to Baton Rouge Zoo where we met up with the Jacksonville Zoo staff. The transfer went well and he is now hanging out there. I have already received email updates telling me that he is doing well and that the quarantine staff are already enamored with him (which I knew they would be). The only concern he's given them so far is that, apparently, he ate some fire hose before he left Houston and is now returning it to them. What a nice gift...He's eating and drinking fine and is passing food and water fine. He's just upchucking a bunch a fire hose. Cats are amazing creatures...they can hold a foreign object in their stomach for several days, even weeks, before deciding to remove it. We think of these things as odd looking hairballs because we're pretty certain their treated the same way...Alas, this means that Tuco will no longer be getting fire hose...Poor guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home